Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

Default GE Front Loader Washer & Pedestal -- Use Support Pads?

I just had a new GE front load washer/dryer installed with the optional
pedestals. The installer used the four support pads between the pedestal and
the appliance (both washer and dryer). After reviewing the instructions and
talking with GE, it appears that the four support pads are to only be used
when fastened to the dryer. The installers were not aware of this and said
they use the support pads on both otherwise there would be vibration. They
are trying to find out what is right, but I wondered if anyone here has
experience with it:

The procedure in question is on page two of the pedestal installation:
http://products.geappliances.com/App...CH0004&TABID=4

I would initially agree with the installer that the pads would help, but
perhaps there is a more imperative reason they not be used.

Thanks for your time...