Posted to alt.home.repair

Default [washing machine] oil leak from a tub of front loader

it happened to me twice so far. Not everytime.
after one cycle of washing machine, i found there is an oil leak from
a spinning tub of front loader.
all the clothes are all messed up.
would someone please tell me which part i should check?

Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

Thanks for looking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil leak from a tub of front loader

On Nov 30, 8:41*am, MarkS wrote:
laser wrote:
it happened to me twice so far. Not everytime.
after one cycle of washing machine, i found there is an oil leak from
a spinning tub of front loader.
all the clothes are all messed up.
would someone please tell me which part i should check?

Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

Thanks for looking.

Transmission

would it be easy to replace the transmission?

Posted to alt.home.repair

laser wrote in
:

On Nov 30, 8:41*am, MarkS wrote:
laser wrote:
it happened to me twice so far. Not everytime.
after one cycle of washing machine, i found there is an oil leak
from a spinning tub of front loader.
all the clothes are all messed up.
would someone please tell me which part i should check?

Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

Thanks for looking.

Transmission

would it be easy to replace the transmission?

If you mean is it just sitting there with 6 bolts to take off without
disconnecting all kinds of other stuff, I'd *GUESS* no. I've never
replaced one.

Have you thought about how much you want to spend on this max?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 30, 6:36*pm, Red Green wrote:
laser wrote :

On Nov 30, 8:41*am, MarkS wrote:
laser wrote:
it happened to me twice so far. Not everytime.
after one cycle of washing machine, i found there is an oil leak
from a spinning tub of front loader.
all the clothes are all messed up.
would someone please tell me which part i should check?

Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

Thanks for looking.

Transmission

would it be easy to replace the transmission?

If you mean is it just sitting there with 6 bolts to take off without
disconnecting all kinds of other stuff, I'd *GUESS* no. I've never
replaced one.

Have you thought about how much you want to spend on this max?- Hide quoted text -

if the problem is due to transmission, then I gotta figure out two
things; easiness of replacement and cost of part.
I am having a difficulty to find the part number of the transmission
and its price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

What year did you buy this washer?

How old is it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 8:26*am, wrote:
Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

What year did you buy this washer?

How old is it?

I bought it in 2001 and it was brand new.
I had a problem of a Spin control board assembly last year and i
replaced it by myself.

I looked at the diagram of parts but I was not able to find any part
named "transmission".

Posted to alt.home.repair

laser wrote:

On Dec 1, 8:26*am, wrote:
Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

What year did you buy this washer?

How old is it?

I bought it in 2001 and it was brand new.
I had a problem of a Spin control board assembly last year and i
replaced it by myself.

I looked at the diagram of parts but I was not able to find any part
named "transmission".

OK

It may be the same unit I did have then

I say did have....cause after seven years of light use
it just crapped out on me and I had to junk it as it
isn't made to be repaired

Try Googling "Kenmore front loader bearing" and see
what you get
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 4:25*pm, wrote:
laser wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:26*am, wrote:
Kenmore front load washing machine
model number: 417.41042000

What year did you buy this washer?

How old is it?

I bought it in 2001 and it was brand new.
I had a problem of a Spin control board assembly last year and i
replaced it by myself.

I looked at the diagram of parts but I was not able to find any part
named "transmission".

OK

It may be the same unit I did have then

I say did have....cause after seven years of light use
it just crapped out on me and I had to junk it as it
isn't made to be repaired

Try Googling "Kenmore front loader bearing" and see
what you get

what you are trying to say is that Kenmore is hopeless. ^^;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwpKP_9_fAA

Before I make a decision, i would like to know the part that i am
looking for.
http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...7854&PPStack=1

Posted to alt.home.repair

laser wrote:

what you are trying to say is that Kenmore is hopeless. ^^;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwpKP_9_fAA

Yep that's it

The seal and bearing couldn't just be replaced by
itself...instead the whole inner tub had to be replaced
at a cost of several hundred dollars

Kenmore 417 front loader washer: There should be class action suit on this machine! [email protected] Home Repair 41 May 16th 19 07:12 AM
Please help: Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Washer Leak Passerby Home Repair 6 December 25th 08 11:52 PM
washing machine leak? Me Home Repair 2 January 2nd 05 01:19 PM
Washing machine leak - Help please BigBird UK diy 3 October 18th 04 11:56 AM