Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default top loader or front loader for second wood floor

On Dec 21, 7:56*am, laser wrote:
Recently I read some reviews regarding vibration from front loader in
second wood floor.
It seems that putting it in second wood floor could enhances shaking
and vibration.
I have a front loader in second floor and now oil is leaking inside
tub. I used it for 7 years. Last two years, I have been using the
front loader in second wood floor. I am not sure if it is a cause of
this faiture.

Now i am trying to buy new washing machine. I would like to be careful
about a type of washing machine.
front loader vs top loader.

I will appreciate if you can share your thought and experience with
me.
happy holidays !!!

After you moved the machine to the second floor was overall vibration
more noticeable / bothersome?

I would doubt that the vibration would harm the machine or reduce its
life. The vibration issues I have heard about have all been occupant
complaints about nuance vibrations.

The key issues are drum rpm, anti vibration control systems in the
machine & the location of the machine with respect to adequate second
floor framing stiffness. The stiffer the floor, the less noticeable
the vibration will be.

I'm just getting a front loader but the installation will be on the
first floor (raised foundation construction).

I have noticed that all the sales guys have warned about possible
vibration issues with second floor installations (CYA behavior I'm
thinking)

cheers
Bob