Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default exercising an emergency generator

Most folks I know who have emergency generators run them once a month
or so.

I just got one [lost power for a week last week] and note that the
manual says once a *week*. [Briggs and Stratton 5500 watt Storm
Responder]

That seems like a CYA suggestion. I run Stabil in my gas and will
probably go for once a month under load. What is a good load? An
electric space heater that draws a constant 1500watts or so? Power
tools that draw a surge?

I'm also going to build a little shed/doghouse for this thing. Has
anyone seem some good ideas for a 4x5 structure that blends into the
landscape? [I've been thinking of a scaled down chalet- a gingerbread
house- or a fake boulder as possibilities.]

Thanks
Jim

This is an EMERGENCY Red Green Home Repair 1 October 14th 08 03:17 AM
This is an EMERGENCY CJT Home Repair 0 October 14th 08 02:20 AM
EMERGENCY [email protected] Home Repair 8 June 14th 07 03:21 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong - please. Emergency generator question [email protected] UK diy 25 September 25th 06 06:09 PM
Emergency generator question Tony Hayes UK diy 44 September 6th 03 07:58 AM