Posted to alt.home.repair
dk dk is offline

Default Plumbing question

Hello,

I have a bathroom located next to my laundry room. Whenever the water
is being drained from the washer, the toilet seems go make a gurgling
sound as if air/water from the washer is coming through the toilet. Did
the plumbers miss something when they installed plumbing in this house?

TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dk" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a bathroom located next to my laundry room. Whenever the water is
being drained from the washer, the toilet seems go make a gurgling sound
as if air/water from the washer is coming through the toilet. Did the
plumbers miss something when they installed plumbing in this house?

TIA

The washer is moving the water out with the force of a pump. The
connection, being very close, is causing some disturbance in the line.
While it may be annoying, it should cause no harm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 11:26*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"dk" wrote in message

Hello,

I have a bathroom located next to my laundry room. *Whenever the water is
being drained from the washer, the toilet seems go make a gurgling sound
as if air/water from the washer is coming through the toilet. *Did the
plumbers miss something when they installed plumbing in this house?

TIA

The washer is moving the water out with the force of a pump. *The
connection, being very close, is causing some disturbance in the line.
While it may be annoying, it should cause no harm.

Sounds like a possible vent problem, most likely blocked, perhaps by a
nest or debris.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:43:10 -0500, dk wrote:

Hello,

I have a bathroom located next to my laundry room. Whenever the water
is being drained from the washer, the toilet seems go make a gurgling
sound as if air/water from the washer is coming through the toilet. Did
the plumbers miss something when they installed plumbing in this house?

TIA

Well, you can't be sure what's behind the walls nor inside the drain
lines. Try vigorously plunging a drain while the other drains (and
overflows) are stuffed with a wet rag, then flush with hot water. The
problem may be more serious with a venting issue, make sure your vents
are not blocked. Drains should be within 4 feet of the vent stack or
a revent circuit.

Plumbing question [email protected] Home Repair 17 March 10th 08 06:52 AM
plumbing question [email protected] Home Repair 14 September 15th 07 04:16 AM
Concrete question (regarding previous plumbing question) [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 08:07 PM
PEX Plumbing Question a Home Repair 9 June 13th 05 10:32 PM
plumbing question [email protected] Home Ownership 5 February 27th 05 03:32 AM