Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furnace problem

I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Trouble could be in any of
1. furnace (if inefficient). When was it last serviced?
2. heat diffusion components (air vents, radiators, etc., if
turned off, blocked, dirty etc.)
3. thermostat (on furnace)
4. control system upstairs (battery etc.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 10:38*am, wrote:
I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Thanks

You have to start eliminating the possible problems. You can bypass
the T-stat and see if it comes on, or jump it out at the furnace and
see if it comes on.
If it still doesn't, you have to check power, limit switches. Is it
gas or oil? Does it fire up at all without the fan coming on?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 10:42*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
wrote in message

I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Trouble could be in any of
1. *furnace (if inefficient). *When was it last serviced?

How does an inefficient furnace explain that when he set the
thermostat higher the furnace, which was not previously running, came
on and brought the temp up 4 degrees?

2. *heat diffusion components (air vents, radiators, etc., if
turned off, blocked, dirty etc.)

Same as above.

3. *thermostat (on furnace)

Sure sounds like the place to start. If it's a mercury one, just
having it out of level or clogged with dirt would produce the problem.

4. *control system upstairs (battery etc.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 9:38*am, wrote:
I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Thanks

Could be a cockroach in the thermostat, could be, could be a
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Thanks

Could be a cockroach in the thermostat, could be, could be a

More likely a black widow spider. Cockroaches tend to hang out where
there's food but a thermostat housing would make an ideal nesting site
for a black widow.

--

I may not understand what you say, but I will defend to your death my
right to deny it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 7:06*pm, Jack wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
[...]

Actualy an apt building I know had thermostat problems, it had about
30 in the thermostat, they are safe and like the heat from the clock
or whatever, did you ever see over 110 roaches in a 2 week old
answering machine, dont ask.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:06 pm, Jack wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
[...]

Damn... maybe that's why Dialing for Dollars never got thru.

--

I may not understand what you say, but I will defend to your death my
right to deny it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:06 pm, Jack wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
[...]

One of the TV repair shops I worked in many years
ago had a policy of taking every TV from the wrong
side of the tracks outside to the loading dock to
fumigate it before bringing in for repair. We would
vacuum out piles of critters from those damn things.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 9:03*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:06 pm, Jack wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

I had an apt I had to junk the apt, range, frige, cabinets, the tenant
even left his furniture, tv, computer etc, it was so bad you would
open the front door and 20 would run AT you. Yes we had them in the
thermostat too, 4000.00 later for bug extermination and all is ok, I
hope. A bad tenant can cost a fortune.

Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
Furnace problem Dottie23 Home Repair 8 November 17th 06 10:03 PM
Furnace problem Dante Mincin Home Repair 9 March 11th 05 04:11 PM
Furnace Problem Doug Miller Home Ownership 3 November 7th 04 02:09 PM
Furnace Problem James Murphy Home Repair 5 June 11th 04 01:58 AM