Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default furnace problem

On Dec 13, 9:03*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:06 pm, Jack wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:38 am, wrote:
I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?
Thanks
Could be a cockroach in the thermostat, could be, could be a
More likely a black widow spider. Cockroaches tend to hang out where
there's food but a thermostat housing would make an ideal nesting site
for a black widow.

--

I may not understand what you say, but I will defend to your death my
right to deny it.

Actualy an apt building I know had thermostat problems, it had about
30 in the thermostat, they are safe and like the heat from the clock
or whatever, did you ever see over 110 roaches in a 2 week old
answering machine, dont ask.

One of the TV repair shops I worked in many years
ago had a policy of taking every TV from the wrong
side of the tracks outside to the loading dock to
fumigate it before bringing in for repair. We would
vacuum out piles of critters from those damn things.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

I had an apt I had to junk the apt, range, frige, cabinets, the tenant
even left his furniture, tv, computer etc, it was so bad you would
open the front door and 20 would run AT you. Yes we had them in the
thermostat too, 4000.00 later for bug extermination and all is ok, I
hope. A bad tenant can cost a fortune.