Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default furnace problem

On Dec 13, 10:38*am, wrote:
I keep my thermostat set at 64 degrees. When I woke up this morning,
the house was 59 degrees inside. I left for a little bit and came back
to see the house was now 58 degrees inside. I bumped the t-stat up to
70. About 15 minutes later, the furnace clicked on and got the house
up to 62 degrees before shutting off again. It is now 60 degrees in
the house and the furnace has not came back on. It has been about 30
minutes since it shut off. What could be the problem?

Thanks

You have to start eliminating the possible problems. You can bypass
the T-stat and see if it comes on, or jump it out at the furnace and
see if it comes on.
If it still doesn't, you have to check power, limit switches. Is it
gas or oil? Does it fire up at all without the fan coming on?