Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing help...

Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses
empty into my cellar drain.The drain for some reason will not handle it
anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty into the
septic which is Code for my area. I know how to set up the washer but how do
I get the 2 pex lines from my water system to empty into the drain line like
the washer without splashing back or causing any other problems? The water
system backflushes at 1 AM so both will never be going at the same
time.......Thanks for any help

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 12:21*pm, "benick" wrote:
Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses
empty into my cellar drain.The drain for some reason will not handle it
anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty into the
septic which is Code for my area. I know how to set up the washer but how do
I get the 2 pex lines from my water system to empty into the drain line like
the washer without splashing back or causing any other problems? The water
system backflushes at 1 AM so both will never be going at the same
time.......Thanks for any help

Instead of overfilling the septic find out why the drain wont take it,
probably a simple rodding will fix it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Nov 22, 12:21 pm, "benick" wrote:
Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses
empty into my cellar drain.The drain for some reason will not handle it
anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty into the
septic which is Code for my area. I know how to set up the washer but how
do
I get the 2 pex lines from my water system to empty into the drain line
like
the washer without splashing back or causing any other problems? The water
system backflushes at 1 AM so both will never be going at the same
time.......Thanks for any help

Instead of overfilling the septic find out why the drain wont take it,
probably a simple rodding will fix it.

What is rodding? I tried Drano..Wife is bringing home root killer tonite
...Just working on plan B as well...LOL...

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Nov 22, 12:21 pm, "benick" wrote:
Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses
empty into my cellar drain.The drain for some reason will not handle it
anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty into the
septic which is Code for my area. I know how to set up the washer but how do
I get the 2 pex lines from my water system to empty into the drain line like
the washer without splashing back or causing any other problems? The water
system backflushes at 1 AM so both will never be going at the same
time.......Thanks for any help

Instead of overfilling the septic find out why the drain wont take it,
probably a simple rodding will fix it.

Hi,
I wonder where the discharge ends up in drain? Just into ground?
Into sewer line? Having septic system I just wonder. Drain pit is maybe
saturated?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
ransley wrote:
[...]

I wonder as well...It doesn't go to the septic as the entire system was
replaced 3 years ago and it wasn't there. It must end underground... I've
been here 25 years and never seen a wet spot though the grass grows REAL
good in the general direction the pipe seems to go as it exits the cellar.
Can't do much exploratory digging up here (Maine) now as the ground has
started to freeze and it has snowed all day ...Next summer I'll find it...I
hope..LOL...

Any ideas on getting 2 pex lines to go into a 2 inch PVC drain pipe without
splashing back or having the washer discharge splash out???

Posted to alt.home.repair

perhaps your floor drain could handle JUST the softner backflush if it
wasn't doing the washer also.

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses
empty into my cellar drain.The drain for some reason will not handle it
anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty into the
septic which is Code for my area. I know how to set up the washer but how
do I get the 2 pex lines from my water system to empty into the drain line
like the washer without splashing back or causing any other problems? The
water system backflushes at 1 AM so both will never be going at the same
time.......Thanks for any help

Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside. johnnymo Home Repair 29 December 9th 18 03:08 AM
DIY plumbing benpost UK diy 3 December 3rd 08 05:53 PM
Plumbing? John D[_2_] Home Repair 3 December 7th 07 05:10 AM
plumbing mamace Home Repair 4 September 27th 06 08:46 PM
Plumbing Den Home Repair 9 April 20th 04 12:22 AM