Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air replacement

Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Luca" wrote in message
news
Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

Congratulations! I hereby nominate you for the weekly "Least Info Given"
award on AHR....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 11, 9:20*am, Luca wrote:
Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

I'm lost on your suggustion? you have a a/c unit you want to replace
installed in 2000 and its failed or you just want a new more energy
efficient unit?

your considering a heat pump and you have gas heat now?

those are significant different systems. the biggest is the power
requirements for heat pump that will have to be installed in a non
heat pump home. not hard but definitely will have to be done by a
professional and inspected.

the second part I'm lost at.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just want to possibly replace to save energy/money. There is no gas,
all electric system.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:12:17 -0800 (PST), flir67
wrote:

On Nov 11, 9:20*am, Luca wrote:
Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

I'm lost on your suggustion? you have a a/c unit you want to replace
installed in 2000 and its failed or you just want a new more energy
efficient unit?

your considering a heat pump and you have gas heat now?

those are significant different systems. the biggest is the power
requirements for heat pump that will have to be installed in a non
heat pump home. not hard but definitely will have to be done by a
professional and inspected.

the second part I'm lost at.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Nov 11, 9:20*am, Luca wrote:
Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

I'm lost on your suggustion? you have a a/c unit you want to replace
installed in 2000 and its failed or you just want a new more energy
efficient unit?

your considering a heat pump and you have gas heat now?

those are significant different systems. the biggest is the power
requirements for heat pump that will have to be installed in a non
heat pump home. not hard but definitely will have to be done by a
professional and inspected.

the second part I'm lost at.- Hide quoted text -

Soo, www.energystar.gov , and you are supposed to call many folks
that install these things to learn about everything you dont know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 11, 9:20*am, Luca wrote:
Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat
pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and
heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

We used Andersen Services to replace our old system.
Their planning and service were excellent.