Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I cried...

On Nov 11, 3:33*pm, BobR wrote:

Unless he's peeing in the sink, I don't see a problem. *I probably
would never notice, as I don't tend to make using a public restroom
into a social event. *I rarely look at the other patrons.

Yeah, right.

When I first went away to college, back in 1975, I lived in a co-ed
dormitory.
There were men and women living on the same hall; the room next to
mine
was occupied by two men.

The nearest bathroom (including shower facilities) was supposed to be
used
only by women, but the men right across the hall from it rarely
bothered to
walk all the way down to the the men's room. I never took any notice
of
whether the person in the next stall or curtained shower enclosure was
male or female.

*What's next
after gay marriage? *Each time you move the line there will be more
pressure to move it just a bit more. *Where do YOU draw the line

Consenting adult humans. *Any number of any gender of consenting
adults
can be married, as far as I care.

Do you think it will stop with "consenting adults"?

I don't see how anyone who cannot give consent can enter into
a marriage. Let's confine this to 21st Century America,
and not discuss coercive marriages in other times and places.

At my wedding ceremony, if either of us had appeared drunk,
unwilling, unable, etc., I'm sure the official would have stopped
the proceedings.

Anyone without the mental capacity to enter into a valid contract
cannot
enter into a marriage.

That's where I'd draw the line. *For my money, marriage is a legal
contract
and has nothing to do with religion. *There's ample historical
precedent for that.

Cindy Hamilton- Hide quoted text -

I wonder if your husband knows that you have not qualms about him
screwing around anywhere and any time with anybody (male or female) or
that you wouldn't mind for a second if he brought home another wife or
two.

Actually, he knows I do have qualms about that. Our contract
(unwritten though
it may be), stipulates monogamy. He knows there would be blood on the
floor
if he brought home another woman.

However, I don't pretend that this is the best arrangement for
everyone.

Cindy Hamilton