Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rolling Tool box

I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith work.
But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the malls. Have to
park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that does
most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time I can wrap
up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from Stanley,
carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith work.
But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the malls. Have to
park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that does
most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time I can wrap
up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from Stanley,
carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

Pelican 1510 case, can get in white at Fry's, lifetime warranty, looks
classy, pretty well indestructible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith work.
But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the malls. Have
park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that does
most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time I can
wrap
up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from Stanley,
carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

Of the few I've seen, the wheels are nothing more than mediocre plastic and
eaten up by the rough asphalt. Mebbe replacing the plastic wheels with steel
they'll last longer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith work.
But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the malls. Have to
park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that does
most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time I can wrap
up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from Stanley,
carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

Pelican 1510 case, can get in white at Fry's, lifetime warranty, looks
classy, pretty well indestructible.

Oh, also order the photo lid organizer add on, it's really useful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith
work. But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the
malls. Have to park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get
to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that
does most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time
I can wrap up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from
Stanley, carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

At a recent trade show I noticed many of the union guys using roll-arounds.
The most common was an ordinary tool box strapped to a fold-up
(high-quality) dolly. I suspect the wheeled tool-boxes had inferior wheels.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

For power plants, far heavier/bulkier than I'd envision you have, I took
one of the Jensen traveling toolcases and a small hand cart and made a
bolt-thru fixture to attach the box to the cart using a j-hook bolt
fastened from the inside of the case so it couldn't be easily removed.
It would survive anything and be carted up/down metal stairs, etc., in
the plants w/ impunity.

For travel, still could ship it by removing the cart and going back to
the detachable 2" casters.

Depending on what you want to spend, Jensen and several others have many
to choose from.

I've seen a decent-quality rolling luggage carrier pressed into service
by one of the travel-to-your-house PC techno-nerd'ettes locally. Works
pretty well for that but isn't particularly rugged.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith
work. But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the
malls. Have to park outside, and walk past ten or so stores, to get
to the job.

So I made a six or seven pound "jump kit" basic hand tools, and that
does most of what I need for jobs in shopping malls. Most of the time
I can wrap up the job. Sometimes have to go back out for more tools.

Friend of mine I know through email, has a rolling tool box from
Stanley, carries locks, tools, drill, and so on.

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

At a recent trade show I noticed many of the union guys using
roll-arounds. The most common was an ordinary tool box strapped to a
fold-up (high-quality) dolly. I suspect the wheeled tool-boxes had
inferior wheels.

Many of them have polyurethane wheels, which are probably fine once on the
mall floors. I doubt they'd take much mileage on asphalt or rough finish
concrete.

Rolling Tool Caddy Charlie M. 1958 Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 March 22nd 07 01:34 PM
rolling pin Bill in Detroit Woodturning 0 November 14th 06 02:09 AM
rolling pin Gary & Karen Woodturning 33 July 8th 05 06:42 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 January 4th 04 07:25 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 05:36 AM