Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Rolling Tool box

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You had any experience with rolling tool boxes? Worth the trouble?

For power plants, far heavier/bulkier than I'd envision you have, I took
one of the Jensen traveling toolcases and a small hand cart and made a
bolt-thru fixture to attach the box to the cart using a j-hook bolt
fastened from the inside of the case so it couldn't be easily removed.
It would survive anything and be carted up/down metal stairs, etc., in
the plants w/ impunity.

For travel, still could ship it by removing the cart and going back to
the detachable 2" casters.

Depending on what you want to spend, Jensen and several others have many
to choose from.

I've seen a decent-quality rolling luggage carrier pressed into service
by one of the travel-to-your-house PC techno-nerd'ettes locally. Works
pretty well for that but isn't particularly rugged.