Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Paint & primer

Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a
paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a
combination product like that? It runs a couple of bucks higher than
regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer
anyway. Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm
asking.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KC" wrote in message
Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a
paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a
combination product like that? It runs a couple of bucks higher than
regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer
anyway. Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm
asking.

KC

Nope never tried it...Proper prep work and primer are the most important
part in how long a paint job lasts so why chance it. If color is important
get the primer tinted to help cover in fewer coats , especially if it's a
dark color you're using....Don't fix what ain't broke...Good luck.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 9:45*pm, KC wrote:
Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a
paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a
combination product like that? *It runs a couple of bucks higher than
regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer
anyway. *Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm
asking.

KC

Im sure it still requires-states, 2 coats, so it costs more.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Oct 28, 1:25*pm, ransley wrote:
On Oct 27, 9:45*pm, KC wrote:

Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a
paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a
combination product like that? *It runs a couple of bucks higher than
regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer
anyway. *Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm
asking.

KC

Im sure it still requires-states, 2 coats, so it costs more.

Yep, you're right. I took my magnifying glass and read the extremely
fine print. It says apply one coat to act as a primer, followed by
another coat as a top coat. Another "gotcha" for the unsuspecting
public.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Oct 27, 9:45*pm, KC wrote:
Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a
paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a
combination product like that? *It runs a couple of bucks higher than
regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer
anyway. *Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm
asking.

KC

Followup: I bought a quart just to try it. Only time will tell about
it's durability. But let me say that it has a very disagreeable smell
that doesn't seem to go away. I painted 4 shutters, let them dry
outdoors, then stored them in the garage till I get around to putting
them up. That was 3 days ago and the garage still still has a very
stinky paint smell - much different from normal paint. I won't be
using it again.
KC

Posted to alt.home.repair

That was 3 days ago and the garage still
still has a very stinky paint smell - much
different from normal paint. I won't be
using it again.

So, is that oil base or latex?

What is "normal" paint? Is it flat or semi-gloss?

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Oct 30, 9:25*am, (Paddy Waggin) wrote:
That was 3 days ago and the garage still
still has a very stinky paint smell - much
different from normal paint. I won't be
using it again.

So, is that oil base or latex?

What is "normal" paint? Is it flat or semi-gloss?

Latex. And the subject of the sentence was "smell", therefore flat or
semigloss is irrevelant. But just for the record, it was satin.