Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher advice

My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some
sand in our dishwasher. You can hear it every time you pull out the
trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 3:55�pm, car crash wrote:
My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some
sand in our dishwasher. � You can hear it every time you pull out the
trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. �What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

how much got in there?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 4:12�pm, " wrote:
On Oct 6, 3:55 pm, car crash wrote:

My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some
sand in our dishwasher. You can hear it every time you pull out the
trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

how much got in there?

if you have a wet dry vac first vacuum, then flush repeatedly with
water and vacuum more. ideally use a garden hose to spray water in the
pump area, while vacuuming up the wastev water.

if theres a lot of saND IT LIKELY RUINED YOUR PUMP and they can be a
PIA to replace.

if the dishwasher is more than 5 years old i would replace it. heck
check spray arms sand likely everywhere
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:12:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

Also sandblasts the dishes

how much got in there?

All of it?!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

Also sandblasts �the dishes

how much got in there?

All of it?!

a wierd idea, try running hose backward into drain line, to help flush
the system.

if it was much sand dishwasher is likely junk. how sad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

Also sandblasts the dishes

how much got in there?

All of it?!

a wierd idea, try running hose backward into drain line, to help flush
the system.

if it was much sand dishwasher is likely junk. how sad.

As for how much sand, I don't know off hand. There was about 5 large
toys in there, that was retrieved from a sand box outside. We
flushed it out twice on rinse cycle and that's about it. When you
pull the top or bottom tray out, you can hear the sand grinding on the
wheels still, so there is still some in there. Darn !

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu 09 Oct 2008 04:34:28p, car crash told us...

?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

Also sandblasts the dishes

how much got in there?

All of it?!

a wierd idea, try running hose backward into drain line, to help flush
the system.

if it was much sand dishwasher is likely junk. how sad.

As for how much sand, I don't know off hand. There was about 5 large
toys in there, that was retrieved from a sand box outside. We
flushed it out twice on rinse cycle and that's about it. When you
pull the top or bottom tray out, you can hear the sand grinding on the
wheels still, so there is still some in there. Darn !

Guess you learned not to put toys from a sandbox in a dishwasher.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 10(X)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 4dys 6hrs 58mins
Chicken Boo what's the matter with you??

Advice on new Dishwasher Features [email protected] Home Repair 7 November 15th 06 07:53 PM
time for a new dishwasher soon - advice? TG Home Ownership 0 September 5th 06 05:56 PM
Siemens SE63630 dishwasher disassembly for pump cleaning, advice pls [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 17th 06 11:59 AM
New Dishwasher advice? mogga UK diy 24 September 28th 04 06:17 PM
OT Advice on buying a dishwasher IMM UK diy 0 July 17th 03 12:37 AM