mogga

Default New Dishwasher advice?

Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk
Andy Hall

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:20:39 +0100, mogga
wrote:

Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

Miele.

Any model. It depends on features that you want, extended warranty
and what you want to pay.

Bosch could be a second choice.

I wouldn't bother with anything else.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
MiniEmma

Bosch - 2 yr guarentee. Expensive, but not as expensive as Miele

Not Indesit, had 2 breakdowns, second one just outside first year.

"mogga" wrote in message
Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

Peter

Bosch - 2 yr guarentee. Expensive, but not as expensive as Miele

Bosch dishwashers are not good in my opinion they also make for Hotpoint,
difficult and expensive to repair and nothing special for the money.

Peter

John Rumm

mogga wrote:

Any recommendations?

We have had a Whirlpool for the last 11 years which has always been
flawless. Gets constant use (at least once per day). Having said that
they may be rubbish these days since we bought ours a long time ago!

--
Cheers,

John.

John

Base decision on convenience of baskets. All other features much the same.
(except the miele fans who will claim different)

--

Regards

John

"MiniEmma" wrote in message
Bosch - 2 yr guarentee. Expensive, but not as expensive as Miele

Not Indesit, had 2 breakdowns, second one just outside first year.

"mogga" wrote in message
Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Murdo

Have had a Bosch for a couple of years now - very happy with it.

Previously had a Zanussi, which broke down every 6 months after the 1 year
guarantee ran out.

Murdo

"mogga" wrote in message
Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

Andy Hall

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:18:37 GMT, "John" wrote:

Base decision on convenience of baskets. All other features much the same.
(except the miele fans who will claim different)

- 10 year warranty on some machines?

- cutlery tray in the top of the machine - making more space below and
cleaning the cutlery better?

- quietest machines on the market?

These were just three Miele benefits that I could think of
immediately.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Christian McArdle

- cutlery tray in the top of the machine - making more space below and
cleaning the cutlery better?

Is that optional? We always fill the top before the bottom and have the
cutlery below.

What I would pay extra for is a top basket with no flappy bits, slopes,
spikes etc. Just a flat, closely wired surface so we can get as many
cups/glasses jammed in as possible.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Bosch - 2 yr guarentee. Expensive, but not as expensive as Miele

Not Indesit, had 2 breakdowns, second one just outside first year.

Odd. I've always bought Merloni (Indesit/Ariston) as I've found that they
cleaned vastly better than the Candy/Bosch/Whirlpool ones I've used before.
I'm on my third now (and no, they didn't all break down!).

The first one did have a failed door lock which led to some cosmetic damage
to the door (crowbars not being the most sensitive of implements). However,
it did look ancient and came with the house. However, it was so excellent as
washing that I bought an Indesit replacement (original was Ariston).

The one in the new house is Ariston again, but even shares a model number
with the Indesit equivalent, let alone the machine being identical as well.
No problems at all. Excellent drying as well as washing, except with those
unbelievably cheap Ikea glasses, which etch after a while with the cheap
tablets we use.

Christian.

Andy Hall

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:39:30 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

- cutlery tray in the top of the machine - making more space below and
cleaning the cutlery better?

Is that optional?

It's a thin tray right in the very top of the machine. So you can
lay all the cutlery and even cooking spoons up there and have the two
baskets below clear.

Some Miele models have a choice of detachable inserts (flappy bits)
that you can swap out, move around or remove completely if you want.
There is also an option to just run a load in half of the machine with
less water and energy and one spray bar turned off.

We always fill the top before the bottom and have the
cutlery below.

What I would pay extra for is a top basket with no flappy bits, slopes,
spikes etc. Just a flat, closely wired surface so we can get as many
cups/glasses jammed in as possible.

Christian.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Snowman

"mogga" wrote in message
Any recommendations?

Ta muchly.

--

Our Zanussi broke after 3 years - stopped emptying. Decided to go with a
Miele, which has a free 5 year guarantee (claim form on their website). A

Peter.

Richard Savage

Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and
washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

Peter

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and
washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by zanusi,
the zanusi version is cheaper !

Peter

chris French

In message , Peter
writes

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and
washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by zanusi,
the zanusi version is cheaper !

Just because a brand is owned by another company doesn't necessarily
mean (though it might) that the products are the same.

--
Chris French, Leeds
Peter

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Peter
writes

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and
washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by

zanusi,
the zanusi version is cheaper !

Just because a brand is owned by another company doesn't necessarily
mean (though it might) that the products are the same.

Well I KNOW that they are, no AEG washer drier is made in Germany anymore
just clever marketing under the lid they are the same.

Peter

Neil Jones

Peter wrote:
"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Peter
writes

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer
and washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by
zanusi, the zanusi version is cheaper !

Just because a brand is owned by another company doesn't necessarily
mean (though it might) that the products are the same.

Well I KNOW that they are, no AEG washer drier is made in Germany
anymore just clever marketing under the lid they are the same.

Peter

This thread is about dishwashers though. Mine says 'Made in Germany' on
it, for what it's worth.

Neil Jones

Peter wrote:
"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and
washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by
zanusi, the zanusi version is cheaper !

Peter

Are you sure? I think AEG and Zanussi are both part of Electrolux, which
is Swedish.

Neil Jones

Huge wrote:
"Neil Jones" writes:
Peter wrote:
"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer
and washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by
zanusi, the zanusi version is cheaper !

Peter

Are you sure? I think AEG and Zanussi are both part of Electrolux,
which

... means you shouldn't touch them with a bargepole!

I realise you're being facetious but I don't think you can draw blanket
recommendations based on the parent company.

I've had 2 Electrolux white goods - a Zanussi washer/dryer which is now
just a washer because the dryer part was so ****e, and an AEG dishwasher
which has behaved impeccably. :-)

Neil

Neil Jones

Huge wrote:

Now I won't buy anything made by Electrolux.

Ah, ISWYM. A bit like my boycot of the Dixon Stores Group. Fair enough
to have such a policy, but it doesn't mean that all their products are
crap, even if the company is...

Neil

The Natural Philosopher

Steve Firth wrote:

Huge wrote:

Now I won't buy anything made by Electrolux.

Hard to avoid, Husqvarna, Partner, Flymo, Zanussi and I think (though I
could be wrong) Smeg.

Well that leaves Leibherr, John Deere, Miele and Sanyo, for starters.