Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher advice

On Oct 6, 4:12�pm, " wrote:
On Oct 6, 3:55 pm, car crash wrote:

My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some
sand in our dishwasher. You can hear it every time you pull out the
trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. What is the best
way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ?
Tks.

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder
out.

how much got in there?

if you have a wet dry vac first vacuum, then flush repeatedly with
water and vacuum more. ideally use a garden hose to spray water in the
pump area, while vacuuming up the wastev water.

if theres a lot of saND IT LIKELY RUINED YOUR PUMP and they can be a
PIA to replace.

if the dishwasher is more than 5 years old i would replace it. heck
check spray arms sand likely everywhere