Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Fence

Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT. I'd like to
put enough voltage on the fence to pain so much pain you'd scream and
possibly loose you bowl/bladder controls but NOT enough voltage to do
permanent harm or death.

I figure if it's legal for cops to taser you with 50,000 volts for as
little as talking back to the cop or asking a question then my idea
would be legal since trespassing is illegal everywhere.

I've seen cops on video taser someone with 50K volts for saying
"officer why am I under arrest?" or "officer what did I do wrong" or
"wait...." or even "uh,....."

I want my fence to make it clear that getting into or near my property
is something you'd just be crazy to attempt.

Money is NO object with this plan and I couldn't care less how
complicated it is nor how long it would take to construct. I am
dedicated to this idea and would be willing to spend ANY amount of
money and ANY amount of time to do this.

I'm not interested in a political or moral discussion on this plan.
All I need is some ideas on how to do this. If you have some moral
delima with my idea then maybe you should share this with someone
besides me.

Thanks and I look forward to some ideas and plans without political or
moral grandstanding.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:55:02 -0400, Robert Blass
wrote:

[...]

If you hurt someone you will be sued.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not only that, but boobytraps invariably nail the owner most of the
time.

To the OP: quit being such a pussy. Set up a photobeam and rig up a
half dozen shotguns to go off. Don't be afraid to go out into the yard
and look around if you hear anything suspicious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 1:55*pm, Robert Blass wrote:
[...]

Ideas, plans, just get bids.

#1 = Law. You may be right about this last point, but
(a) you can check (in a law library) and (b) it would be
prudent to do so in case you are wrong -- because your
liability (criminal or civil) is not limited by what you do not
know (i.e. "ignorance of the law is no excuse.")

#2 = Engineering. If you live in any organised municipality,
the building permits office will tell you (free) whether you
need a permit to build a fence and what sort of fence you
may build.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT. I'd like to
put enough voltage on the fence to pain so much pain you'd scream and
possibly loose you bowl/bladder controls but NOT enough voltage to do
permanent harm or death.

[rant snipped]

Thanks and I look forward to some ideas and plans without political or
moral grandstanding.

Any "low impedance" fence charger should work just fine for what you
want. Get one that is UL listed. Expect to spend about $100 to $200
for the controller. (adequate high-impedance can be had for about $40)
Check with your county to see if there are regulations on electric
fences -- warning signs, etc.

Even the worst fence charger shock is about like touching a sparkplug;
it's a sudden jolt that punches you then lets go. You can't possibly
grab ahold of one for a lengthy shock; that's a safety feature. The old
"weed burner" chargers were particularly painful, but I don't think any
of them were UL listed.

--
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 2:55�pm, Robert Blass wrote:
[...]

just exactly what are the neighbors doing to bug you?

walking thru your grass or vandalyzing your vehicle?

after the lawsuit and court costs, both criminal and civil and the
jail time you probably wouldnt be able to afford your home anymore.

security cameras, even dummy ones is likely a better solution
Posted to alt.home.repair

the ambulance chaser lawyer who goes after you will love all the money
they make.

a good hit on someone with a bad heart, might kill them..........

will 20 years in prison be enough?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT.

I installed an "electric fence" inside my chain-link fence-enclosed
backyard. The wire was an inch or so below the top rail.

I bought the charger/fencer from a local farm supply store. It was
rated to 30 miles of wire. Needless to say, it was more than adequate
for my back yard.

The arrangement was completely effective in keeping my large, yellow
Labrador Retriever from climbing the fence. Given the report from my
grown daughter and the young girl next door, both inadvertently having
contacted the wire, I am absolutely certain that the "fence" was
effective in keeping people OUT, too.

Don't tell your home insurance agent of your plan. They'll drop you
like a hot potato. Don't tell your neighbors, either. They'll respond
to the challenge like never before. If you think your ahem
relationship with [whomever you wish to keep out] is bad now, just wait
until they get zapped.

A better solution: Pull your window shades and turn up the volume on
your TV. Good luck. You'll need it.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

oh great.

someone gets killed or injured, you get a bad reputation in your town
and lose everything you own, if not by a judges rulling but easily
thru legal fees, defening yourself. lawyers are expensive.

so how are the neighbors hurting you? walking on your grass or
vandalysing your property?

some security cameras may discourage bad behavir

incidently i tried posting a response like this yesterday but it never
appeared

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:29:48 -0500, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

[...]

Hiding information from your insurance company is not a good idea.
If/when you have a large claim, you may be denied making the insurance
itself a waste of money. Insurance companies are armed with effective
lawyers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Oct 3, 2:55?pm, Robert Blass wrote:

incidently i tried posting a response like this yesterday but it never
appeared

************************************************** *******************************8

It did here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 9:17�am, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:29:48 -0500, Jim Redelfs

wrote:
In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

[...]

lawyers.- Hide quoted text -

yeah tell them in advance no coverage wait till after no coverage
either.

the whole thing is a bad idea.

hazard doesnt have to be from electrocution. someone touches it and
gets shocked and falls breaking leg.

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:38:02 -0400, Phisherman sayd
the following:

wrote:

[...]

CAN be sued, not WILL be sued.

#2 = Engineering. If you live in any organised municipality,
the building permits office will tell you (free) whether you
need a permit to build a fence and what sort of fence you
may build.

Permits are for people who get caught without a permit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:42:05 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

just exactly what are the neighbors doing to bug you?

They are ON my property. *I* paid for it for my enjoyment

walking thru your grass or vandalyzing your vehicle?

They didn't buy MY property.

Unless we negotiate a 'use' permit then they have no right on my
property.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you hurt someone you will be sued.

CAN be sued, not WILL be sued.

not today everyone is sue happy, easy money

lets say someone gets hurt.

they or their family sign with a ambulance chaser lawyer.

lawsuit is free to the injured, if successful lawyer gets 1/3 as their
cut.

deny it all you want, what your planning might hurt someone.

they get shocked trip, and fall breaking their leg. you had a illegal
electric fence in a residential area.

you sir are toast.

theres a good chance you will lose your home just because of legal
fees, even if you win.

now lets say a kid gets hurt, their parents can sue you now, or the
child himself can untill 2 years after he or she turns 18.

frankly i wouldnt want that hanging over my head

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 7:58�pm, Robert Blass wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

bet its kids walking on your grass?

have you coinsidered a fence?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Yes. And every human being has different tolerance to electric zap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Blass wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

Hi,
I bet you are RED republican, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Blass wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

YANAL (You Are Not A Lawyer), obviously. (Nor am I, but I have read up
some on this.) Common law and case law in this country does not allow
indiscriminate and potentially hazardous defenses for property. In the
case of the electric fence, what if it injures a kid, or a cop chasing a
burglar, neither of which are subject to trespass laws. The kid, because
they lack the capacity to form criminal intent, and the cop because,
well, chasing bad guys is his job. Even on farms, the hot wire sits on
brightly colored insulators for a reason, to make it obvious.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Blass wrote:

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

Entirely dependent on which state you are in. Compare say CA and TX if
you want to see vastly different laws...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Tony Hwang wrote:
Robert Blass wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

Hi,
I bet you are RED republican, right?

It's the Democrats that are "red".
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Robert Blass wrote:
[...]

That's why I told him to make sure the controller is UL listed.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

Use your brain. You're smarter than they are.

That's debatable. A guy who wants to shock the **** out of his neighbors
but doesn't want to hear about the legal and moral consequences of doing
so may or may not have a high IQ, but either way there's *something*
that isn't wired quite right in his head.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I bet you are RED republican, right?

It's the Democrats that are "red".

You need to watch more news. Republicans are always "red."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

Without your permission or, if you have posted "No Trespassing"
prominently and they continue to walk/loiter on your property, they are
trespassing.

Have you given your local law enforcement a chance (or three) to address
the issue? Assuming you pay your taxes, you ought to make enough noise
that they do their job.

Assuming you are the curmudgeon of the neighborhood, you can be assured
that any overt act of hostility from you toward the offenders will
surely result in an unpleasant escalation of hostility.

You may be "right" but that doesn't change human natu My guess is
that those "walking / loitering" on your property believe they are doing
no harm and that you are too easily upset.

Again, you would do well to pull your shades and turn up the volume on
the TV (ignore the trespassers) for a while to see if things cool down.
Just like it was in grade school, if they no longer get a reaction from
you, they'll likely move on to other pursuits. Good luck.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article 31, Bert Byfield wrote:
I bet you are RED republican, right?

It's the Democrats that are "red".

You need to watch more news. Republicans are always "red."

You need to study history, and understand the meaning of "red". It's the Dems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

since OP broke law having fence in first place rthey will claim
permanent disability $$$$$$$$$

again what are the intruders doing?

They are walking / loitering on MY property.

I paid for this property for MY use.

Unless someone pays me to use my land they have no right to be on my
property.

Ownership rights are absolute with no permissions of law.

As BJ Klinton said, "I feel your pain."

You can be right, but enforcing rights is where it gets sticky. If you put
up an electrical fence, one of these people may come back with a vengeance
at two in the morning. Or put out some poison for your pets. Or toss an
incendiary device in your trash cans.

Yes, it is your property, and yes, there are things you can do to keep them
from trespassing. You just have to weigh the upsides and the downsides.

Maybe if you just made it muddy for a while, they'd go away. Or piled some
bricks on the pathways they use. Or put up some motion activated
sprinklers. Use your brain. You're smarter than they are.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article 31, Bert Byfield
wrote:
I bet you are RED republican, right?

It's the Democrats that are "red".

You need to watch more news. Republicans are always "red."

You need to study history, and understand the meaning of "red". It's the Dems.

I hope you enjoy President Obama.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 7:55�pm, Robert Blass wrote:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:42:05 -0700 (PDT), "
sayd the following:

just exactly what are the neighbors doing to bug you?

They are ON my property. *I* paid for it for my enjoyment

walking thru your grass or vandalyzing your vehicle?

They didn't buy MY property.

Unless we negotiate a 'use' permit then they have no right on my
property.

well get you affairs in order, if you have a family prepare them to be
looked badly at. if you reproduced and have kids in school know they
will be abused because of you.

your not very brite, hopefully you dont have kids.

considering a electric fence is one thing, like dreaming of robbing a
bank and getting rich.

but carrying out this idea is stupid, and you deserve all the bad
things that will happen to you.

lawsuits, criminal proscuetion, horrendous legal fees, public disdain,
your picture in the paper in a bad way, losing your home and perhaps
your freedom, if you end up in jail you will have the time to
contemplate what you did wrong,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 11:55*am, Robert Blass wrote:
[...]

Google electric fences. They are all over the place and no, you won't
get sued. They are designed to deliver electric pulses that hurt, but
allow people and animals to get away. They are easily defeated by
humans with tools, however. They are meant for livestock.

Electric fence Chuck Norisez[_3_] Electronics Repair 3 September 29th 08 02:30 AM
Electric Fence Grounding [email protected] Home Repair 19 July 31st 07 05:40 AM
electric fence? longshot Home Repair 19 March 12th 07 09:36 PM
Electric fence energiser MikeW UK diy 33 February 21st 06 09:17 AM
Electric Fence News Home Repair 10 August 26th 03 11:05 PM