Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electric fence

Does anyone have any data on electric fence controllers? I'm trying to fix
one that uses a 6V battery for power.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Chuck Norisez" wrote in message
Does anyone have any data on electric fence controllers? I'm trying to fix
one that uses a 6V battery for power.

There's plenty out there if you google, but they're mostly 12V.

If you want to build from scratch you could try to find a supplier that
still stocks 6V scooter ignition coils, or maybe a 12V car coil that's
designed to work with a ballast resistor.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:09:44 GMT, Chuck Norisez
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Does anyone have any data on electric fence controllers? I'm trying to fix
one that uses a 6V battery for power.

Go here ...

http://www.google.com/advanced_patent_search

.... and search for "electric fence controller" or "electric fence".

Here is one of many designs:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=SiM...=2008 &num=20
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3zy4a5

Does your controller have a patent number? Manufacturer/Assignee?

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 27, 1:09*pm, Chuck Norisez wrote:
Does anyone have any data on electric fence controllers? I'm trying to fix
one that uses a 6V battery for power.

Are you trying to fix one of the really old ones that use a 6 volt dry
cell pack, or one like Harbor freight sells that is solar charge? The
really old ones used a 6 volt turn signal flasher to close the
circuit. Don't think they are legal in any state, now. I have one of
the Harbor Freight units that has a bad solar charging circuit. Never
had time to look at it. If this is what you have, would be very
interested in what you find is wrong with them.

Paul

Electric Fence Grounding [email protected] Home Repair 19 July 31st 07 05:40 AM
electric fence? longshot Home Repair 19 March 12th 07 09:36 PM
Electric fence energiser MikeW UK diy 33 February 21st 06 09:17 AM
Electric fence - badgers Roy Hammond Electronics Repair 18 October 22nd 04 10:00 PM
Electric Fence News Home Repair 10 August 26th 03 11:05 PM