Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Skirting Radiators

We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or
underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient
than radiators. It’s called Thermaskirt and it is available from The
Discrete Heat company.
Basically it is a heating system in a skirting board, effectively
making the skirting board a radiator. There are more details on the
company’s website www.discreteheat.co.uk and there is an online
brochure here http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/downlo...screteheat.pdf

We choose it over other room heating methods because it was more
environmentally friendly, gave us back our wall space and heats the
rooms up in minutes compared to traditional radiators or panel
heaters. The installation was pretty simple and although we did have a
friend who’s a plumber help out, we needed no special tools or
equipment, everything was supplied. We simply removed the old
radiators and reconnected the Thermaskirts to our existing boiler and
pipework.

The new skirting heating system even has a removable cover and channel
for tv and audio cables and a removable top section for decorating, it
really is amazing, we’re so pleased with it. Can’t wait to see the
savings in the heating bills now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"thermaskirt" wrote in message
snip

then again, spam of any other color is still spam

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 5:52*pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"thermaskirt" wrote in message

snip

then again, spam of any other color is still spam

Maybe so, but then again I'm old enough to remember Victor Kiam!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2008 10:11 AM thermaskirt spake thus:

On Oct 1, 5:52 pm, "charlie"
wrote:

"thermaskirt" wrote in message

snip

then again, spam of any other color is still spam

Maybe so, but then again I'm old enough to remember Victor Kiam!

Verrry eenteresting: a spammer who actually hangs around the scene of
his crime, and even responds to complaints. But still a spammer.

- Paulo Freire
Posted to alt.home.repair

brochure herehttp://www.discreteheat.co.uk/downloads/technical/discreteheat.pdf

We choose it over other room heating methods because it was more
environmentally friendly, gave us back our wall space and heats the
rooms up in minutes compared to traditional radiators or panel
heaters. The installation was pretty simple and although we did have a
friend who’s a plumber help out, we needed no special tools or
equipment, everything was supplied. We simply removed the old
radiators and reconnected the Thermaskirts to our existing boiler and
pipework.

The new skirting heating system even has a removable cover and channel
for tv and audio cables and a removable top section for decorating, it
really is amazing, we’re so pleased with it. Can’t wait to see the
savings in the heating bills now.

And its not more energy efficent than radiators, since it wont hold
heat, it releases it quickly, as you say. its less efficent since your
boiler will have to cycle more often. My radiators are warm for hours
after the boiler is off. More cycling is harder on boiler controls,
since the first few minutes you turn on a boiler is its least efficent
mode it will cost you more. Try harder on your spam, bs is easy to see
through

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"thermaskirt" wrote in message

snip

then again, spam of any other color is still spam

Maybe so, but then again I'm old enough to remember Victor Kiam!

The difference though, is that Kiam PAID for his advertising and used
legitimate media. He did not spam non-commercial discussion groups. He was
an honest businessman, you are a leach looking for a free ride.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 6:45*pm, ransley wrote:
[...]

through- Hide quoted text -

http://www.ecobuild.co.uk/page.cfm/A...ressID=152/t=m

Facts:
A 4m x 4m x 2.4m room, with 2 external walls, and two double glazed
windows, 1.5m x 1.0m & 1.0m x 1.0m, all with insulation ‘U’ values in
accordance with Part L Building regulations and air changes of 1.5 per
hour.

Comparison was made between a double panel convector radiator from a
market leading manufacturer, and 15m of ThermaSkirt installed around
the perimeter at skirting level.

Each system was supplied with 800w of energy, in accordance with the
heat loss calculations of BS5449. The room target temperature was 21°C
with an outside temperature of -1°C.

ThermaSkirt® achieved a higher average comfort temperature, evenly
distributed throughout the room (20.2°C vs 18.2°C). This equates to a
13% efficiency improvement compared to the conventional panel
radiator.

In addition, total temperature variation throughout the room with
ThermaSkirt®, was 2°C or less. With the panel radiator variations of
up to 13°C were recorded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 7:07*am, thermaskirt wrote:
On Oct 1, 6:45*pm, ransley wrote:

[...]

up to 13°C were recorded.- Hide quoted text -

Since yr a spammer and should not be here this is what I see, Your
tests and statements are bs, your system is wastes energy in several
ways. Its set as a baseboard against a wall, a wall that is absorbing
and transfering to the outside, nearly 50% of its heat output, you say
its heats quicker, and it cools quicker. I would bet that system by
being attatched to an exterior wall could easlily cost you 25% more to
heat a home vs free standing radiators. To make it closely the same as
free standing units the wall area where the radiator is attatched
would need a radiant barrler and alot of special insulaton to keep
from loosing heat to the outside.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 01 Oct 2008 09:40:03a, thermaskirt told us...

We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or
underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient
than radiators. It's called Thermaskirt and it is available from The
Discrete Heat company.

What the hell is different about that? We've had baseboard (skirting board)
radiant heating in the US for many decades.

Go sell your SPAM somewhere else.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 10(X)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
5wks 4dys 15hrs 12mins
He's ALIVE, Jim. Where did I go wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 1:05*pm, ransley wrote:
On Oct 2, wrote:

On Oct 1, 6:45*pm, ransley wrote:

On Oct 1, wrote:

[...]

from loosing heat to the outside.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.ser-enity.com/Independent...ors_AK1ZC.aspx

ThermaSkirt skirting board radiators? Roger Mills UK diy 13 May 31st 08 08:41 PM
Skirting Board Tricia UK diy 5 April 26th 06 12:23 PM
gap under skirting ? In2Minds UK diy 5 March 5th 06 07:24 PM
MDF Skirting john UK diy 23 September 4th 05 09:30 AM
Skirting Andy UK diy 5 January 5th 04 01:46 PM