Posted to alt.home.repair
thermaskirt thermaskirt is offline

Default Skirting Radiators

We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or
underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient
than radiators. It’s called Thermaskirt and it is available from The
Discrete Heat company.
Basically it is a heating system in a skirting board, effectively
making the skirting board a radiator. There are more details on the
company’s website www.discreteheat.co.uk and there is an online
brochure here http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/downlo...screteheat.pdf

We choose it over other room heating methods because it was more
environmentally friendly, gave us back our wall space and heats the
rooms up in minutes compared to traditional radiators or panel
heaters. The installation was pretty simple and although we did have a
friend who’s a plumber help out, we needed no special tools or
equipment, everything was supplied. We simply removed the old
radiators and reconnected the Thermaskirts to our existing boiler and
pipework.

The new skirting heating system even has a removable cover and channel
for tv and audio cables and a removable top section for decorating, it
really is amazing, we’re so pleased with it. Can’t wait to see the
savings in the heating bills now.