Posted to alt.home.repair
thermaskirt thermaskirt is offline

Default Skirting Radiators

On Oct 1, 6:45*pm, ransley wrote:
On Oct 1, 11:40*am, thermaskirt wrote:

We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or
underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient
than radiators. It’s called Thermaskirt and it is available from The
Discrete Heat company.
Basically it is a heating system in a skirting board, effectively
making the skirting board a radiator. There are more details on the
company’s websitewww.discreteheat.co.ukandthere is an online
brochure herehttp://www.discreteheat.co.uk/downloads/technical/discreteheat.pdf

We choose it over other room heating methods because it was more
environmentally friendly, gave us back our wall space and heats the
rooms up in minutes compared to traditional radiators or panel
heaters. The installation was pretty simple and although we did have a
friend who’s a plumber help out, we needed no special tools or
equipment, everything was supplied. We simply removed the old
radiators and reconnected the Thermaskirts to our existing boiler and
pipework.

The new skirting heating system even has a removable cover and channel
for tv and audio cables and a removable top section for decorating, it
really is amazing, we’re so pleased with it. Can’t wait to see the
savings in the heating bills now.

And its not more energy efficent than radiators, since it wont hold
heat, it releases it quickly, as you say. its less efficent since your
boiler will have to cycle more often. My radiators are warm for hours
after the boiler is off. More cycling is harder on boiler controls,
since the first few minutes you turn on a boiler is its least efficent
mode it will cost you more. Try harder on your spam, bs is easy to see
through- Hide quoted text -

http://www.ecobuild.co.uk/page.cfm/A...ressID=152/t=m

Facts:
A 4m x 4m x 2.4m room, with 2 external walls, and two double glazed
windows, 1.5m x 1.0m & 1.0m x 1.0m, all with insulation ‘U’ values in
accordance with Part L Building regulations and air changes of 1.5 per
hour.

Comparison was made between a double panel convector radiator from a
market leading manufacturer, and 15m of ThermaSkirt installed around
the perimeter at skirting level.

Each system was supplied with 800w of energy, in accordance with the
heat loss calculations of BS5449. The room target temperature was 21°C
with an outside temperature of -1°C.

ThermaSkirt® achieved a higher average comfort temperature, evenly
distributed throughout the room (20.2°C vs 18.2°C). This equates to a
13% efficiency improvement compared to the conventional panel
radiator.

In addition, total temperature variation throughout the room with
ThermaSkirt®, was 2°C or less. With the panel radiator variations of
up to 13°C were recorded.