Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for triple-gang duplex wall plate (ivory)

I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and all
kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a Decora in
the middle, but I can cut the center section to make it fit.) I could
use the 2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on the end and I
need it (to cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

zxcvbob wrote:
I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and all
kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a Decora in
the middle, but I can cut the center section to make it fit.) I could
use the 2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on the end and I
need it (to cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob

Try Googling for
Leviton 86030
Posted to alt.home.repair

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and all
kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a Decora in the
middle, but I can cut the center section to make it fit.) I could use the
2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on the end and I need it (to
cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob

Try an electrical supply company where electricians buy their materials.
Just about any number of gangs and combinations are available if not off the
shelf then from special order. A three gang duplex ivory wall plate is not
that unusual of a request.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reed wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:
I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and
all kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a
Decora in the middle, but I can cut the center section to make it
fit.) I could use the 2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on
the end and I need it (to cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob

Try Googling for
Leviton 86030

Thanks! I had looked thru an online Leviton catalog (about 30 pages of
wall plates) and never found that one.

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Change everything to Decora, switches and receptacles, then a Decora 3 holer
would work. You will find that the type of plastic they use is very
difficult to cut without it looking real bad.

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and all
kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a Decora in the
middle, but I can cut the center section to make it fit.) I could use the
2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on the end and I need it (to
cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:
Change everything to Decora, switches and receptacles, then a Decora 3
holer would work. You will find that the type of plastic they use is
very difficult to cut without it looking real bad.

One of those duplexes is a double switch. Those are kind of expensive,
especially in Decora.

If I could find 2-Decora 1-duplex, I could change out the cheap outlet
on the end and that would be real easy.

I'll buy two of the 3-duplex plates, and if I ruin both of them I'll
suck it up and swap everything out. I think I'll buy a few cheapo
switchplates when I go to HD this afternoon and practice cutting them.
Thanks.

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

zxcvbob wrote:
EXT wrote:
Change everything to Decora, switches and receptacles, then a Decora 3
holer would work. You will find that the type of plastic they use is
very difficult to cut without it looking real bad.

One of those duplexes is a double switch. Those are kind of expensive,
especially in Decora.

If I could find 2-Decora 1-duplex, I could change out the cheap outlet
on the end and that would be real easy.

I'll buy two of the 3-duplex plates, and if I ruin both of them I'll
suck it up and swap everything out. I think I'll buy a few cheapo
switchplates when I go to HD this afternoon and practice cutting them.
Thanks.

Bob

See if they have the oversize plates in the config you want- I have
found that those seem to be a different, more flexible plastic, possibly
easier to cut. They are designed to cover oopsies on less-than-perfect
walls.

--
aem sends...