Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Default Wall plate for three duplex outlets?

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
zxcvbob

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

There are sectional plates that you stack together to make any
combination you want. They're not that hard to find if you know to look
for them. HTH

On 12/11/2004 5:30 PM zxcvbob wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch
combo units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with
six outlet openings. I can't find one.

There are sectional plates that you stack together to make any
combination you want. They're not that hard to find if you know to look
for them. HTH

Thanks -- I've seen and used them before and they always look kind of
clunky. Hoping to find something all of one piece.

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
------------------------------------
Today's Deep Thought:

If I had something funny to say, I'd say it here.
------------------------------------
Greg

Use decora receptacles if you can't find the regular plate
Noozer

Very simple... just jog down to Home Despot and see what they have.

All the combo's like that which I've seen had the switch set up to fit into
a norma outlet hole, so a normal dual outlet cover would fit. In your case
all you'd need is a double wallplate for four outlets.

On 12/11/2004 5:43 PM Noozer wrote:

Very simple... just jog down to Home Despot and see what they have.

All the combo's like that which I've seen had the switch set up to fit into
a norma outlet hole, so a normal dual outlet cover would fit. In your case
all you'd need is a double wallplate for four outlets.

But I need a triple wallplate for six outlets.

On 12/11/2004 5:42 PM Greg wrote:

Use decora receptacles if you can't find the regular plate

This is a triple-gang box with two duplex outlets and one
single-outlet/switch combo. So it has five outlets and one switch. I can
find Decora equivalents for the two two duplex outlets, but can't find a
Decora equivalent for the single-outlet/switch combo.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
Reed

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote:

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

try here
http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Dept_ID_379.htm

page down for 3-gang, have plastic or SS, also 4-gang
Bell

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model...HPF95G11BT V8

Don't thank me, send cash
;-)

On 12/11/2004 6:01 PM Reed wrote:

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote:

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

try here
http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Dept_ID_379.htm

page down for 3-gang, have plastic or SS, also 4-gang

Just the ticket! Thanks!

On 12/11/2004 6:32 PM Bell wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two
duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo
units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six
outlet openings. I can't find one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model...HPF95G11BT V8

Don't thank me, send cash
;-)

Thank you Caller Number 2! Reed beat you by 31 minutes (on my server).
As a consolation prize you win a hearty handclasp and this set of
playing cards with pictures of Estes Park on the backs.

(Thank you for the help!)

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
Percival P. Cassidy

Look at the last page of:

http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/D02-08.pdf

Perce

On 12/11/04 08:48 pm Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott tossed the
following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Use decora receptacles if you can't find the regular plate

This is a triple-gang box with two duplex outlets and one
single-outlet/switch combo. So it has five outlets and one switch. I can
find Decora equivalents for the two two duplex outlets, but can't find a
Decora equivalent for the single-outlet/switch combo.

Bell

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
On 12/11/2004 6:32 PM Bell wrote:

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model...HPF95G11BT V8

Don't thank me, send cash
;-)

Thank you Caller Number 2! Reed beat you by 31 minutes (on my server).
As a consolation prize you win a hearty handclasp and this set of
playing cards with pictures of Estes Park on the backs.

(Thank you for the help!)

Yes. I saw Reed's post about 5 minutes after I posted. It's also amazing
that we found the same website.
You can keep the cards. Shipping and handling charges would be worth more
than the link. ;-)

On 12/12/2004 5:40 AM Bell wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

On 12/11/2004 6:32 PM Bell wrote:

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model...HPF95G11BT V8

Don't thank me, send cash
;-)

Thank you Caller Number 2! Reed beat you by 31 minutes (on my server).
As a consolation prize you win a hearty handclasp and this set of
playing cards with pictures of Estes Park on the backs.

(Thank you for the help!)

Yes. I saw Reed's post about 5 minutes after I posted. It's also amazing
that we found the same website.
You can keep the cards. Shipping and handling charges would be worth more
than the link. ;-)

But . . . playing cards! Estes Park! Are you sure?

On 12/11/2004 7:24 PM Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Look at the last page of:

http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/D02-08.pdf

Perce

Well dad-gum it. When my younger brother worked at Dixieline or HD or
something like that, he said that the philosophy was to stock 90% of the
items a customer might need. Or the most popular 90% of items. Which
means that I, who lives on the edge of the bell curve, usually end up
not finding the last 10% of the stuff I do need. The outlet/switch combo
DOES exist, just no retailers around here stock it.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

Greg

Home Depot in Ft Myers has them (this morning)
Noozer

et wrote in message
On 12/11/2004 5:43 PM Noozer wrote:

Very simple... just jog down to Home Despot and see what they have.

All the combo's like that which I've seen had the switch set up to fit

into
a norma outlet hole, so a normal dual outlet cover would fit. In your

case
all you'd need is a double wallplate for four outlets.

But I need a triple wallplate for six outlets.

Same thing... a switch/outlet looks like a normal duplex outlet.