Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Driveway Floods

Need some advise with my driveway flooding when there is heavy pour of
rain. The roadside gulley blocks which causes the rain water to flow
into my driveway. My driveway slops down which means its very easy for
the water to flow in. I've installed a drain that goes across my house
and collects the water which then goes into two rain gulleys (one
which is directed to the main rain gulley on the road, the other that
is directly to the sewage) when the roadside gully is blocked the rain
gulley is blocked as well but the gulley linked to the sewage gets
blocks on top with leafs etc which stops it collecting any water. My
driveway is bricked so there is no way it can suck the water down to
the earth (bad design by myself because I put a plastic underneath).
I've got a picture showing the blockage.

I've spoken to the water company and they said the pipes are bigger
enough to take the water but due to heavy rain they can't do anything.
So the only solution I can think is to raise my driveway and also make
sure the water on the driveway can sink to the earth. I was first
think of putting a ramp which is about 15 cm high (similar to ramps
which are at schools) which would stop the water entering my property,
this would test the flood. If it worked then I could raise my driveway
so the ramp would not be obvious. What do you think?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Your driveway slopes down from the ditch along the street? Trying to
envision what you are
saying. Post the picture. The plastic under the brick, although not
the best choice, probably
has little to do with the problem. If water is standing on or in the
driveway, it can't sink through
the plastic but you need a way for it to drain off and not collect on
the driveway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Sep, 14:37, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
[...]

the driveway.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply, how do I add a picture, I am using Google
Groups to access this newsgroup.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buddy wrote:
On 14 Sep, 14:37, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You don't add pictures to messages in this group. You post it on one of
the free photo sites, and post the link back here.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buddy wrote in
:

On 14 Sep, 14:37, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Post the pic on http://tinypic.com. It will give you a link. Post that
link.

Floods. Weatherlawyer UK diy 52 July 11th 07 07:20 PM
OT - Cowboys & the floods Don Spumey UK diy 48 July 10th 07 08:17 PM
Minor basement floods [email protected] Home Repair 8 March 31st 07 12:10 AM
Cause of boiler floods? [email protected] UK diy 3 December 23rd 06 05:58 PM
How much do you pay for light bulbs...recessed floods? [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 14th 06 04:35 PM