Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Driveway Floods

wrote:
Need some advise with my driveway flooding when there is heavy pour of
rain. The roadside gulley blocks which causes the rain water to flow
into my driveway. My driveway slops down which means its very easy for
the water to flow in. ...

Had same geometry in TN on hillside.

Regrade the driveway to make a lower-than-the-garage-floor location to
prevent the water running down the drive flowing into the garage. It
needs to be able to then drain to one or both sides around the house and
have enough drop so the water doesn't run up the other side if solid.
Even better is to include a waterway across it covered w/ (removable)
grate say 6-8" wide.

Something like...

road surface