Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BuddyLove_123@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Driveway Floods

Need some advise with my driveway flooding when there is heavy pour of
rain. The roadside gulley blocks which causes the rain water to flow
into my driveway. My driveway slops down which means its very easy for
the water to flow in. I've installed a drain that goes across my house
and collects the water which then goes into two rain gulleys (one
which is directed to the main rain gulley on the road, the other that
is directly to the sewage) when the roadside gully is blocked the rain
gulley is blocked as well but the gulley linked to the sewage gets
blocks on top with leafs etc which stops it collecting any water. My
driveway is bricked so there is no way it can suck the water down to
the earth (bad design by myself because I put a plastic underneath).
I've got a picture showing the blockage.

I've spoken to the water company and they said the pipes are bigger
enough to take the water but due to heavy rain they can't do anything.
So the only solution I can think is to raise my driveway and also make
sure the water on the driveway can sink to the earth. I was first
think of putting a ramp which is about 15 cm high (similar to ramps
which are at schools) which would stop the water entering my property,
this would test the flood. If it worked then I could raise my driveway
so the ramp would not be obvious. What do you think?