Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless thermostats and older boilers

Hi,

Will this wireless thermostat

http://www.smarthome.com/30403a.html

work with my older style boiler which is controlled by two wires.

Thanks!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 3:03*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Will this wireless thermostat

http://www.smarthome.com/30403a.html

work with my older style boiler which is controlled by two wires.

Thanks!

Aaron

It should work but if you live where low temps could freeze pipes, and
you often leave for a few days or more I would worry that transmission
cold be lost from low battery or interference. Or your boiler [boilers
heat water] wont turn on, or wont turn off when you are gone. Honywell
and others are known reliable, some new cheaper stuff is not. You dont
know how reliable this new chinese thing is and you have no way of
finding out. Wireless takes more battery power. wireless is more
likely to have a malfunction someday, if you are home its no big deal
but if its -20 and you are 1000 miles away and the boiler wont shut
off or turn on.