Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless thermostats - any good

Looking to add a new thrmostat to my combi system. Wireless seems the best
option as I want to experiment with the position for it - I live in quite a
large house. New carpets upstairs so really don't want to lift them if
choosing to position upstairs - hence prefering wireless.

Are they any good in terms of acccuracy and reception. As mentioned above,
the house is pretty big, and although my top of the range DECT phone claims
"up to 100m", I am having reception problem in far parts of the house. The
wireless thermostats usually claim "up to 30m"... The house is part brink
part plasterboard/studs built - 1960s'

Thanks in advance.

PS: was thinkinh about one of HONEYWELL CM67/DANFOSS TP5000-RF/Towerstat RF
7 /Drayton RF2/3 or similar.