Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Bowl Mounting

I just reinstalled my toilet onto my bathroom floor which has new ceramic
tiles. It is the older style with two rear bolts and two screws at the
front. I had an awful time trying to determine where to put the holes for
the front screws - on the previous wood floor it was not a problem. I tried
putting the marker down the hole but when I tried to line up the the screws,
my holes were a little off - besides the screw would probably have to be
longer to compensate for the additional height due to the ceramics. In the
end, I just used the two rear bolts and everything seems to be fine - no
leaks, no rocking. Any suggestions as to how to handle a situation like
this in the future or did I try to make it harder than necessary?