Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default baseman flooding...

The water heater (boiler) started leaking water... We noticed the
flooding (it was just partial, 40% of a 4m.x6m baseman, partly
carpeted. We managed to take the water out, and sucked the water from
the rug using news papers (tons of it)

Now the carpet is almost dry, but still some areas are wet.

My question, at this point is:

1-Should I keep the de-humidifier on (It has been for three days)
2-Or should I put fans towards the wet areas and open the windows
(humidity outside is terrible -I live near Lake Ontario, Canada-, and
I am concern the humidity will make things worse.
3-Should I ripp (excuse my English) or pull out the old rug (is where
the humidity is more accute)...
4-If I don't see mold, am I ok?

Thanks!!!!

Botticelli

Flooding. Weatherlawyer UK diy 2 November 10th 07 12:53 PM
The Cost of Flooding - OT TheScullster UK diy 6 October 22nd 07 07:26 PM
On the subject of flooding... tony sayer UK diy 18 July 9th 07 12:25 PM
Basement flooding avid_hiker Home Repair 4 March 22nd 07 11:40 PM
Basement flooding C & E Home Repair 12 June 29th 06 07:51 PM