Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing question

I'm doing some work on my sump pump pipes.
First time in almost ten years.

I have a couple of questions concerning an air vent.

One reason why I'm doing this work is to stop the pipework from
banging when the sump pump stops and the water starts to flow back
down the pipes.

I may have acted too fast in doing some of the work but just want to
check here to see if might still be OK.

The check valve is located about two or three feet above the pump.
The pipe leaves the house at a height of about seven feet or so above
the check valve.

Is it OK to have the air vent about five feet above the check valve?

Is there an optimal height for the air vent to be located in relation
to the check valve?

TIA

Plumbing Question Dottie Home Repair 11 October 17th 07 09:28 PM
Concrete question (regarding previous plumbing question) [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 08:07 PM
Plumbing question MP UK diy 1 May 17th 05 09:52 PM
plumbing question chris gallagher UK diy 2 October 28th 03 05:34 PM
Plumbing question Mark in Maine Woodworking 4 August 29th 03 03:44 PM