Posted to alt.home.repair
RepairNovice[_2_] RepairNovice[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing question

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:56:12 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

My system here in Illinois, USA does not have an air vent, neither did
eitherof my systems when I lived back in New Jersey. How is the vent
connected?

Bob Hofmann

Well, when I installed it this evening I was trying to kill two birds
with one stone.

I had a hole in the ABS piping with a small tube running into it (long
story). I wanted to cut out the hole section and at the same time
install this air vent.

I cut about three or four inches of pipe, enough to be replaced by the
pipe fitting and air vent. The air vent fitting is now standing
upright as I was told it should.

It is located approx. 5 feet above the check valve and I'm hoping that
this distance is OK.

This is approx. what it looks like, if this drawing comes through OK:

| |
| |
| | | |
| | / /