Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bugged

I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my stovetop
and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them under
magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and shape of
mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started moving). They
spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them fly. Today there
were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean
County, NJ.

TIA,
Buddy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:10:55 -0400, Buddy Matlosz wrote:

I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my
stovetop and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them
under magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and
shape of mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started
moving). They spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them
fly. Today there were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the
kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean
County, NJ.

TIA,
Buddy

Take some samples to a local garden center and get them ID'd. Then ask
about control.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

Quote: Buddy Matlosz wrote on Thu, 26 June 2008 19:10
I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my

stovetop
and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them under
magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and shape

of
mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started moving). They

spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them fly. Today

there
were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean

County, NJ.

TIA,
Buddy

Google "identifying bugs" and you'll find a ton of sites that will help.
Really surprising there is so much interest in bugs!

Here's one that claims to have 5000 identified:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/bf/

--
Richard Thoms
Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:10:55 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:

I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my stovetop
and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them under
magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and shape of
mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started moving). They
spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them fly. Today there
were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean
County, NJ.

TIA,
Buddy

Got any overripe bananas lying around? They draw little gnat-like bugs
like crazy. Hard to get rid of, too.

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 26, 9:10*pm, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:
I've noticed some bugs in my kitchen lately, just a few around my stovetop
and the nearby counter and windowsill. I haven't looked at them under
magnification, but to the naked eye they look about the size and shape of
mouse turds (which I thought they were before they started moving). They
spread wings every now and then, but I haven't seen them fly. Today there
were more, about a couple dozen scattered around the kitchen floor.

Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Location is Ocean
County, NJ.

TIA,
Buddy

Check your flour or grains in the cupboard. If what used to be pure
white flour has changed to something with unground flavourbuds, chuck
it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Alphonse Q Muthafuyer wrote:

Got any overripe bananas lying around? They draw little gnat-like bugs
like crazy. Hard to get rid of, too.

Right. We used to salvage banana stalks from the grocer's (back when bananas
came on stalks, now they are evidently grown in hydroponic ponds in fronds
of exactly three pounds), toss the stalk in the garage. In a couple of hours
it would be covered with fleas. The stalk, with fleas, went into the burn
pile.