Posted to alt.home.repair
D J D J is offline

Default Question about Water heater install

Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

thanks,
DJ
Posted to alt.home.repair

D J wrote:
Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

The pipe supplying water to your house is six to twelve inches!

Use whatever connectors are necessary.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:58:04 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote Re Question about Water heater install:

D J wrote:
Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

The 3/4 to 1/2 reducer will be fine.