DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about Water heater install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/253925-question-about-water-heater-install.html)

D J June 24th 08 08:57 PM

Question about Water heater install

Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

thanks,
DJ

HeyBub[_3_] June 24th 08 09:58 PM

D J wrote:
Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

The pipe supplying water to your house is six to twelve inches!

Use whatever connectors are necessary.

Caesar Romano June 24th 08 10:10 PM

Question about Water heater install

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:58:04 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote Re Question about Water heater install:

D J wrote:
Folks,

May be an easy question for the pros..

I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it
(inlet).

House pipes are all 1/2 inches.

Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes
to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which
is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But,
still wanted to check out with pros..

will appreciate any help, suggestions..

The 3/4 to 1/2 reducer will be fine.