Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC condensing unit + pressure switch

Can someone help: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...aa15c4a88d6977
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 7:19*pm, JackpipE wrote:
Can someone help:http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/thread/b...

Given this:

"I eliminated the pressure switch #2 and it did work.
1. Can I run the system without the switch for now?
2. Are the switches replaceable as it seems to be installed there
permanently (from what I can tell).
3. As Moe mentioned, could there be a defective pressure the would
not
let the voltage through the switch? "

You're at the end of your options. You;ve determined it's the
pressure switch that is preventing the compressor from running. That
means either:

A - The switch is bad

B - The switch is OK and there is a problem with the system pressure.

Either way, you need an HVAC guy. And I would not run it bypassed,
unless you want to run the risk of additional damage.