Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mundane electrical problem.

Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 11:58*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Why does a 90 degree plug not appeal to you? Seems like the most code
compliant fix.

I'd also check the specs for my unit and make sure there isn't a
minimum clearance required behind the fridge before I pushed it up
against the wall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://ezflatscreen.com/catalog/rece...late-p-31.html
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Move the outlet DOWN to an opening in the back of the fridge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 12:09*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:58:42 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

wrote:
Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

If the box is deep enough you can use a clock receptacle. That
recesses the plug about an inch- Hide quoted text -

It looks as if there is more than 1 plug going into the outlet, so a
clock outlet won't help.
I think the easiest thing would be to put on a right angle plug.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

http://www.antonline.com/p_R42-689-W-NX_495450.htm

These don't work with a 90 degree plug.

You could change the box/outlet to a double gang.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon 09 Jun 2008 12:31:54p, metspitzer told us...

wrote:

Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

http://www.antonline.com/p_R42-689-W-NX_495450.htm

These don't work with a 90 degree plug.

You could change the box/outlet to a double gang.

How would a double gang box/outlet solve the problem?

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 06(VI)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It looks like "something" he has plugged into the outlet, already, has
a right angle plug.

If he were to use the recessed outlet I gave a link for, it would not
accommodate a right angle plug. He would have to have a normal outlet
to plug that in.

Put in a double gang box. one recessed and one for the normal outlet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:25:28 -0400, "Mark" wrote:

[snip]

But I don't think having something else on the circuit with the frig,
particularly something that has a cable such as pictured. That seems to be
something like a microwave or something that shouldn't be on the same
circuit.

I have had my microwave and refrigerator on the same circuit for a few
years, with no problems (other than once when I mistakenly put some
holiday lights on that circuit too).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster