Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Mundane electrical problem.

On Jun 9, 3:30 pm, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Mon 09 Jun 2008 12:31:54p,metspitzertold us...

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:58:42 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

Please take a look at the following pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/PlugProblem.jpg

What it shows is that, becuase of the nature of the plug, I'm about to
have a bit of a problem trying to push the fridge back to the wall.
Are there any good solutions to this problem? As you can see, the
walls are still open so I have some flexibility here. For example, I
could move the outlets up above the fridge, but that would be ugly.
I could replace the plug with one that has the wire go down at the 90
degree angle, but that feels a little too violent. I'm hoping to find
some kind of a recessing solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

http://www.antonline.com/p_R42-689-W-NX_495450.htm

These don't work with a 90 degree plug.

You could change the box/outlet to a double gang.

How would a double gang box/outlet solve the problem?

It looks like "something" he has plugged into the outlet, already, has
a right angle plug.

If he were to use the recessed outlet I gave a link for, it would not
accommodate a right angle plug. He would have to have a normal outlet
to plug that in.

Put in a double gang box. one recessed and one for the normal outlet.