Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Generator Questions

I have a new Troy-bilt generator that holds 5 gallons (according to
web site) or 4.5 gallons (manual). Anyway, I put in one can (2 1/2
gallons ) and part of another can, same size. The fuel gauge shows
about 1/4 full. I am not experienced at filling gas cans and
probably did not get them full when I bought gas because I was afraid
I would overfill the containers and have a mess. But there still
should be more than 1/4 tank of gas in there. Anybody else have one
of these things? How accurate are the gauges usually? Just looking
"down" into the tank it looks like it's almost full.