Jeff Harper

Default Gunner (was Diesel generator, 2 questions)

"Ignoramus2203" wrote in message
Hi Gunner, just in case if you have not seen my previous post, I added
more pictures of plans of the exhaust opening. Also, I made a fairly
accurate paper cutout of the opening, which I would be happy to mail
to you if you want to. See pictrues at

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/muffler/

Thanks!

It's a good think you posted this to four newsgroups.

PrecisionMachinisT

"Ignoramus2203" wrote in message
Hi Gunner, just in case if you have not seen my previous post, I added
more pictures of plans of the exhaust opening. Also, I made a fairly
accurate paper cutout of the opening, which I would be happy to mail
to you if you want to. See pictrues at

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/muffler/

I would probly mount the muffler separate from the motor and solidly to the
unit frame, and weld or machine up a fitting to bolt on the engine, then
connect the two with some kinda flex piping.

--

SVL

TURTLE

"Ignoramus2203" wrote in message
Hi Gunner, just in case if you have not seen my previous post, I added
more pictures of plans of the exhaust opening. Also, I made a fairly
accurate paper cutout of the opening, which I would be happy to mail
to you if you want to. See pictrues at

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/muffler/

Thanks!

This is Turtle

There is one thing here that might become a problem if you get to big of pipe
and muffler on it. Like a Chevy 350 engine with large pipes on it. The big pipe
will cause a bellowing sound or vibration with the large pipe on it. With normal
pipe on it you will not see or hear this bellowing sound. Now try what you
havebut if it bellows , you may have to do this. cut the muffler off and go to a
3/4" pipe and just shoot the vapors straight out 20 feet in the air with no
muffler or restrictions on the line. This away there is no sound till it gets at
the end of the 20 foot pipe in the air. Wait and just see.

TURTLE

Gunner

On 29 Sep 2004 23:34:15 GMT, Ignoramus2203
wrote:

In article , PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus2203" wrote in message
Hi Gunner, just in case if you have not seen my previous post, I added
more pictures of plans of the exhaust opening. Also, I made a fairly
accurate paper cutout of the opening, which I would be happy to mail
to you if you want to. See pictrues at

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/muffler/

I would probly mount the muffler separate from the motor and solidly to the
unit frame, and weld or machine up a fitting to bolt on the engine, then
connect the two with some kinda flex piping.

Thanks, that's exactly what the plan is for now, thanks to Gunner and
Dale's suggestions.

Yup..mail me the template

Gunner
326 Olive Ave
Taft, Ca. 93268

With that and the drawing you did, I can turn one out for you easily.
I still need to know the size and type of flex you are going to use
though.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
North

wrote:

In article , PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus2203" wrote in message
Hi Gunner, just in case if you have not seen my previous post, I added
more pictures of plans of the exhaust opening. Also, I made a fairly
accurate paper cutout of the opening, which I would be happy to mail
to you if you want to. See pictrues at

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/muffler/

I would probly mount the muffler separate from the motor and solidly to the
unit frame, and weld or machine up a fitting to bolt on the engine, then
connect the two with some kinda flex piping.

Thanks, that's exactly what the plan is for now, thanks to Gunner and
Dale's suggestions.

Yup..mail me the template

With that and the drawing you did, I can turn one out for you easily.
I still need to know the size and type of flex you are going to use
though.

I would seriously use the same size diameter pipe as the exhaust port.
Make an adaptor to fit both ends of the muffler .I'm guessing one inch
ID pipe, use one inch pipe going into the muffler and one inch coming
back out (tail pipe), this will prevent baffleing. If is still to
loud, use two mufflers, one being the resonator, the other being the
muffler. This is how the exhausts work on luxery cars.

The muffler in iggy's pic will not be all that quiet unless he runs
the pipe 115 feet up in the air or so, however it will make a damned
fine resonator. Iggy should use a double bellow type muffler (on most
stock cars, the one in iggy's pic is a glass pack, or el-cheapo).

n.

North

wrote:

[...]

Damn typo, that should read 15 feet or so.

n.