Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default More Generator Questions

On Jun 7, 3:36*pm, Dottie wrote:
I have a new Troy-bilt generator that holds 5 gallons (according to
web site) or 4.5 gallons (manual). *Anyway, I put in one can (2 1/2
gallons ) and part of another can, same size. *The fuel gauge shows
about 1/4 full. * I am not experienced at filling gas cans and
probably did not get them full when I bought gas because I was afraid
I would overfill the containers and have a mess. *But there still
should be more than 1/4 tank of gas in there. *Anybody else have one
of these things? *How accurate are the gauges usually? *Just looking
"down" into the tank it looks like it's almost full.

Maybe a bad gauge, look inside the tank. But if you are not going to
use it why are you filling it, gas goes bad, and I hope you have a
fuel shutoff valve and run it dry.