Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding exterior lock on Andersen sliding patio door

Most places I see online want $50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any
other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper?
Anotherwords anything universal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:07:21 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

Most places I see online want $50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any
other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper?
Anotherwords anything universal?

Why do you need an exterior lock and the Andersen patio doors? If the
door is keyed, spend the fifty.

Do not alter the doors, void the warranty, just to be cheaper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Most places I see online want $50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any
other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper?
Anotherwords anything universal?

Why do you need an exterior lock and the Andersen patio doors? If the
door is keyed, spend the fifty.

Do not alter the doors, void the warranty, just to be cheaper.

I used Schlage cylinder to put a lock in my Andersen Frenchwood sliding
doors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:

Most places I see online want $50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any
other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper?
Anotherwords anything universal?

Nope, Just break down and spend the money so you don't void a warranty.
Its amazing to me that a door that's worth 2500.00 and you won't spend 50
freaking dollars to make it right. I hope you never have to change the
hinges on an Andersen French door. Your talking hundreds or dollars

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 12:19*am, evodawg wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
Most places I see online want *$50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any
other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper?
Anotherwords anything universal?

Nope, Just break down and spend the money so you don't void a warranty.
Its amazing to me that a door that's worth 2500.00 and you won't spend 50
freaking dollars to make it right. I hope you never have to change the
hinges on an Andersen French door. Your talking hundreds or dollars

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Its not exactly $2500. The door is 20 years old, Permashield white. If
this was a brand new door, I would understand. Just asking if there
was an alternative. For example, any lock would fit on an entry door.
I thought patio doors were similiar.

The interior lock and latch mechanism is on the door already. The
exterior lock is just a cylinder that gets bolted on to the interior
lock by drilling 3 holes.