Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should I keep my B&D Versapak driver, or get the 9078 pivot driverinstead?

Here's my situation:

I've had the Black & Decker 2-directional Versapak driver with a gold
battery since about 2003...but the charger is missing. And chargers
cost at least $10 online, with $15 for each new gold battery and $10
for silver batteries.

Home Depot has the new 9078 pivot driver with a simple plug-in charger
(no batteries to install) for $19.99.

What should I do? Should I keep the versapak and splurge on a new
charger & replacement battery?....or should I just get the new 9078
model which would cost appx. the same amount?

Has anybody used these tools and know which one is better?

All help appreciated,

-Joel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joelberg" wrote in message
Here's my situation:

I've had the Black & Decker 2-directional Versapak driver with a gold
battery since about 2003...but the charger is missing. And chargers
cost at least $10 online, with $15 for each new gold battery and $10
for silver batteries.

Home Depot has the new 9078 pivot driver with a simple plug-in charger
(no batteries to install) for $19.99.

What should I do? Should I keep the versapak and splurge on a new
charger & replacement battery?....or should I just get the new 9078
model which would cost appx. the same amount?

Has anybody used these tools and know which one is better?

All help appreciated,

-Joel

They both have limited use but can be handy for some jobs. For $20, I'd try
the new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Joelberg" wrote in message
.
..
Here's my situation:

I've had the Black & Decker 2-directional Versapak driver with a gold
battery since about 2003...but the charger is missing. And chargers
cost at least $10 online, with $15 for each new gold battery and $10
for silver batteries.

Home Depot has the new 9078 pivot driver with a simple plug-in
charger (no batteries to install) for $19.99.

What should I do? Should I keep the versapak and splurge on a new
charger & replacement battery?....or should I just get the new 9078
model which would cost appx. the same amount?

Has anybody used these tools and know which one is better?

All help appreciated,

-Joel

They both have limited use but can be handy for some jobs. For $20,
I'd try the new one.

the new one will probably have Lithium-ion batteries,and will hold a charge
while in storage,for about 6 months.

while the NiMH(gold) and NiCd(silver) both self-discharge in storage.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

They both have limited use but can be handy for some jobs. *For $20,
I'd try the new one.

the new one will probably have Lithium-ion batteries,and will hold a charge
while in storage,for about 6 months.

while the NiMH(gold) and NiCd(silver) both self-discharge in storage.

This doesn't leave me much of an answer. Does this mean I should keep
the 9078 and get rid of the Versapak? One advantage to the versapak is
that you can charge one battery while you use another. You can't do
this with the 9078.

Speaking of which, how long does the 9078's battery last compared to
the Versapak Gold battery? Plus, the 9078 is more compact than the
Versapak, which is more clunky. But still, does that make getting the
9078 worth it??

I'd appreciate more info to know if it's worth even getting a new
tool.

-Joel
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

First of all, if at all possible get away from all B&D products.
However
if you insist on using them, keep what you have and buy a charger.
You
may want to check around the house and see if you have a dust buster,
they use the same batteries and charger, or at least mine does. Also,
at
this time of year better cordless drills are on sale and cheap to pick
up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 6:38�am, Lou wrote:
First of all, if at all possible get away from all B&D products.
However
if you insist on using them, keep what you have and buy a charger.
You
may want to check around the house and see if you have a dust buster,
they use the same batteries and charger, or at least mine does. Also,
at
this time of year better cordless drills are on sale and cheap to pick
up.

rebuilt batteries available here

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm