Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop

Default Pivot hinges

A long shot I know since there are many different kinds, but. I got a call
from a customer to take a look at his closet doors, just installed, but
giving him difficulty. A series of 6 doors, each one with a pivot hinge at
the outside edge. These close in pairs for each closet section.

The hinges look heavy duty (the doors have mirrors on them and are solid
themselves, I think). I tried to lift the door up and out of the hinge so
I could look at the mechanism but with no luck. I need access to them to
adjust the closing space. The top has an horizontal adjustment, not sure
about the bottom.

Enough information to give a suggestion on how to get a door off? I know
the light weight ones for louvered doors have a "pin" that can be pushed
down to remove it from the track, but don't know if these do. No
adjustment screws on the door that I can see.

I went to my door supplier and looked through a catalog but didn't see
anything that looked similar. The owner thought they might be German made.

--
charles
Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Charles Bishop wrote:
[...]

Try unscrewing the bottom pivot stud so the door drops...then you can
get it out.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

FS: NOS hinges Bob Schmall Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 02:47 PM
Concealed hinges for 3/8" inset cabinet doors? Nexus7 Woodworking 2 March 28th 05 08:07 PM
I need to find replacement Soss concealed hinges. Robert Bonomi Woodworking 4 November 17th 04 03:05 AM
I put new hinges on a cabinet door and now something is squeaking trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 1 January 1st 04 11:44 PM
Hinges and ideas for shutters David Micklem UK diy 9 October 17th 03 01:59 PM