Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Miter saw question

I have a Dewalt miter saw. When cutting 90 degree cuts, the cut is
straight. I can tell using a square. When I move the blade to either 45,
the cut seems to flare a bit to the left. The compound angle setting
remains at 90 degrees. I was wondering if maybe I am getting some blade
wobble causing the cut to be off a bit. Not sure what is going on. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 9:46*pm, "JohnnyC" wrote:
I have a Dewalt miter saw. *When cutting 90 degree cuts, the cut is
straight. *I can tell using a square. *When I move the blade to either 45,
the cut seems to flare a bit to the left. *The compound angle setting
remains at 90 degrees. *I was wondering if maybe I am getting some blade
wobble causing the cut to be off a bit. *Not sure what is going on. *Thanks.

Try using a better blade, quite a few of the dewalt blades (the ones
with yellow paint) are of questionable quality. Something with well
tensioned plate 0.85 or thicker.
Odds are it's more a question of the blade deflecting due to
insufficient stiffness and poor tensioning.