Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Cooker Wire

Can someone tell me if the wire from a cooker normally get's hot /
warm. It is hot enough to hold but does get pretty warm. The cooker is
2450watts and is connected via a fitted 13A plug to a brand new
connection in the wall (fitted by a qualified electrician).

If this isn't normal how easy is it to replace the cord?

Regards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 1, 12:38*pm, wrote:
Can someone tell me if the wire from a cooker normally get's hot /
warm. It is hot enough to hold but does get pretty warm. The cooker is
2450watts and is connected via a fitted 13A plug to a brand new
connection in the wall (fitted by a qualified electrician).

If this isn't normal how easy is it to replace the cord?

Regards.

Maybe, thats alot of power.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 May, 01:22, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 05/01/08 01:38 pm wrote:

Can someone tell me if the wire from a cooker normally get's hot /
warm. It is hot enough to hold but does get pretty warm. The cooker is
2450watts and is connected via a fitted 13A plug to a brand new
connection in the wall (fitted by a qualified electrician).

If this isn't normal how easy is it to replace the cord?

Since you mention a 13A plug, that suggests to me that you are in the
UK, where the supply voltage is 240 volts. That's a fraction over 10A,
which is OK for the plug, but what gauge is the wire? Is this the cord
(and plug) that was already installed on the cooker when it was new?

Perce

Dear Perce,

You're right I'm in the UK and the wire is the one that was factory
fitted as is the plug.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Phil