Posted to alt.home.repair

Default smoke detector delay - interconnected

Hi,

I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that
are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or
making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I
was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1
minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

Thanks,

Carl

http://www.gaihosa.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that
are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or
making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I
was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1
minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

Use photoelectric style smoke detectors. They are less prone to nuisance
alarms from cooking and such. If you can't get them at a hardware store,
try an electrical supply company. I don't know of any brand that has a
delay.

wired/interconnected smoke detectors: any low voltage models? [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 20th 07 12:53 AM
smoke detector No Name Home Repair 6 August 13th 07 01:46 AM
wireless interconnected AC smoke detectors Kyle Home Repair 5 July 28th 07 09:45 PM
question about interconnected smoke detectors autonut843 Home Repair 13 December 17th 05 01:44 AM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 03:46 AM