DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   smoke detector delay - interconnected (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/242482-smoke-detector-delay-interconnected.html)

[email protected] April 7th 08 07:42 PM

smoke detector delay - interconnected

Hi,

I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that
are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or
making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I
was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1
minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

Thanks,

Carl

http://www.gaihosa.com

John Grabowski April 7th 08 09:19 PM

wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that
are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or
making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I
was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1
minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

Use photoelectric style smoke detectors. They are less prone to nuisance
alarms from cooking and such. If you can't get them at a hardware store,
try an electrical supply company. I don't know of any brand that has a
delay.