Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

"mm" wrote in message

I can't reach him on the phone so far. What is he likely complaining
about and how can I cover these things or protect the cement and still
make him happy?

One of the things about a townhouse is you dont have a really private 'yard'
most likely. That means the sort of things you might store in a fenced
private backyard of a house, are problematic in your situation. I'd sell
all but one of the lawn-mowers and get rid of the wood except the discrete
piece you say is under the porch and not visible. I'd think of replacing
that too with some sort of paving stone.

The gas, just left out in the sun isnt very safe. It's the one that may be
a code violation.

You may want to consider one of the smaller rubber-maid storage sheds. They
have several designs of small ones that seem to be workable for your
situation. Make sure it's vented if storing gasoline or a lawnmower with
gasoline in it.